Rice is amazing, making it basmati to go with something like Lightened Up Butter Chicken and now we’re talking, add in cumin and we are golden! Seriously, adding cumin seed to basmati rice is a game changer when it comes to Indian style dishes. The flavor is amazing! Seriously, a 3 quart Instant Pot for rice making is a game changer and I’ve always had it make perfect rice. This size is also perfect for making hard boiled eggs too. I know you can get a rice maker, but personally, I think the 3 quart Instant Pot is a better option and way more versatile. So, with that being said….recipe time!
Instant Pot Basmati Rice
Servings – 4 to 6 depending on how much you serve up
- 1 cup Basmati rice, rinse till water is clear and not cloudy
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.25 cups water
- 1 – 2 cardmom pods, slightly crushed (optional but soooo good)
- Hit the saute button on the Instant Pot, when hot add butter and olive oil, melt butter.
- Add cumin seeds and saute 1 to 2 minutes
- Add rice and saute 1 to 2 minutes
- Add salt and water
- High pressure for 6 minutes
- Once the Instant Pot beeps that it’s done allow it to natural pressure release for 5 minutes
- Release the rest of the pressure CAREFULLY as directed by user manual and gently fluff the rice.
- Serve and enjoy!
1 thought on “Instant Pot Cumin Basmati Rice”