The first time I made rice in the Instant Pot I knew I would never make rice on the stove top ever again. No longer do I have to worry about watching the pot or over cooking the rice. This is truly a set and forget it cooking method. I actually have two Instant Pots, a 3 quart and an 8 quart. The little one gets used to make things like rice, hard boiled eggs, or I need a chicken breast cooked quick for easy shredding into a dish. The big one sees things like Chicken Pho (recipe coming soon!), chilis, or any other big dish. The little one would also work for small batch recipes of larger dishes especially for one and done or cooking for one.
For this recipe I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend using fresh squeezed lime juice. There was one time I used bottle lime juice because either I was in a rush and being lazy or I was out of limes, I can’t remember which, but yeah….it was honesty pretty disgusting. Lets just say that the leftovers had a date with the garbage can.
I’ve also included how to cook brown rice below if you don’t want to use white rice. Both are good options and I’ve done used both for this recipe. It’s really personal preference.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
Servings – 4
- 1 cup rice (brown or white)
- 1 cup water for white rice OR 1.25 cups water for brown rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped chilantro
- Juice from 1 large lime
- Add the rice and water to the Instant Pot. Use the rice setting for the white rice or 23 minutes High Pressure if using brown rice.
- Natural Pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil, cilantro, and lime juice and toss to mix.