I’ve had this thing with converting different dishes into flatbreads and/or pizza and this time around it’s Elotes aka Mexican Street Corn. All the things that are awesome about Elotes with some sassed up chicken thrown in and I’m sold! We made enough/prepped enough to make 2 flatbreads giving us 2 meals which is perfect. We don’t cook the second one till the day we are going to eat it and the dough stores perfectly well uncooked in the fridge in plastic wrap until needed.
Mexican Street Corn Flatbread
Servings – 2 flatbreads, 1 per person
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion power
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste (usually I go with 10-15 cranks)
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
Flatbread Toppings – this is enough toppings for 2 flatbreads.
- 2 cups fire roasted frozen sweet corn (place in microwave and heat through till not completely frozen 30 secs – 1 minutes or so)
- 1/2 cup fetta
- 4 oz pepperjack
- 1/2-1/3 cup red onion, diced (depends on how much you like onion)
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Lime (optional)
- Cilantro to taste (optional)
- We used the thin crust pizza dough recipe from King Arthur Flour – Super-Fast Thin Crust Pizza.
- Make the dough. If you are only making one flatbread – divide the dough in half and wrap it in plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you need it the next time. I wouldn’t go more then a few days.
- Mix the the seasonings listed above under the chicken heading. Pound the chicken to about 1/2″ thickness and season. Heat a pan over medium heat and add the the oil till shimmering. Add the chicken and cook through until 165F internally. Rest 5-10 minutes then slice into thin strips.
- Roll out your dough and brush with a little bit of olive oil (this amount isn’t reflected in the ingredients list so you use your best judgment. Too much and the dough will be floppy.)
- Top flatbread with chicken, red onion, feta, pepperjack, fire roasted sweet corn, and sprinkle the chili powder over the top.
- Cook oven in flatbread according to the directions in the King Arthur Flour recipe or until cheese is melted and crusty is golden and crispy.
- While the flatbread is cooking – mix together the mayo and sour cream.
- Remove flatbread from oven and scatter the cilantro on top then drizzle the mayo and sour cream blend.