Everyone loves a good taco right? There are sorts and flavors but the basics are the same. It’s easy to customize to your liking which is great! I’m a huge fan of chicken tacos (don’t get me wrong, I love all sorts of tacos!) and of course I like it when a recipe is quick and comes together easily. This made for fantastic leftovers and we ended up using it in some breakfast tacos a few days later which were fantastic!
We did a side of Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice and some quick and easy salsa that I’ll share the recipes for another day. I I will say that having an Instant Pot makes rice making (and hard boiled eggs for that matter) so much easier. No more stove top rice making for this Sprout. We did have fun and did both corn and flour tortillas. I prefer to char my tortillas over the fire on my gas oven, it changes the flavor and it’s fabulous!
Garden Sprout Chicken Tacos
Servings – Approximately 6 depending on how much you load up your tacos
- 1-1.25 lbs chicken breast
- 1 – 10 oz can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilis
- 1 – 4 oz can of diced green chilis (what can I say, we really love green chilis!)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (feel free to add more if you like more kick)
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Tortillas (flour, corn, or both!)
- Topping suggestions: diced white onion, cilantro, lime, hot sauce, avocados…whatever you like!
- Mix everything together in a large pan or pot that you can put a lid on
- Bring up to a simmer and place lid on pot/pan and simmer for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes you should be able to shred the chicken with forks. Shred the chicken adding it back to the pan.
- Simmer with the lid off for about 10-15 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Put your tacos together and enjoy!