So, this past Saturday was Smoked BBQ Chicken which means of course you need potato salad! I adore all sorts of potato salad, but often the ones you get from the store are weighed down with a ton of high fat mayo and a little over whelming on the mustard. This is lighter with low fat mayo and zero fat greek yogurt. Feel free to add more mustard. When I look to make a new recipe, I usually go with my gut instinct on changing things (more or less), granted this comes with experience in the kitchen. I love to experiment and try new things, and cooking is no exception.
I got to say this meal was fantastic and I also give credit where credit is due to others who create amazing tasty recipes. The spice rub was the BBQ Rub Recipe from Dinner At the Zoo and the Honey BBQ Sauce was from Hey Grill Hey. Both have additional fantastic recipes, definitely give their blogs a look. The other side dish you see on the plate is a corn salad, recipe coming soon!
I decided to go the traditional route of cooking the potatoes in boiling water, but we did use our Instant Pot to make the hard boiled eggs. It’s super easy, but you can always do it what ever way you please.
Please let me know your thoughts and any modifications you tried and how it went!
The Garden Sprout
Lightened Up Deviled Egg Potato Salad
Approximately 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs russet potatoes diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled & diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard (feel free to add more to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup low fat mayo
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of kosher salt (start with less and add more later if you feel you need it)
- 15-20 cranks fresh black pepper
- Place potatoes in a pot of salted water (this amount is not included in the recipe. use your best judgment) and place pot on stove over high heat. Bring to boil and boil potatoes till soft ~10 mins. Keep an eye on them, but when a fork easily slides into the potatoes, they are ready. Once done cook, poor into a strainer and run cold water over them to stop them from cooking.
- Mix the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients above and take a taste test as now is the time to adjust your flavors. Place in the fridge and chill for at least an hour to let the flavors mingle.
Maybe one of these days, I’ll get around to adding nutrition information, but until then, hope you enjoy and follow along for more recipes in the future. Next week we will be making up some Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Chowder!
1 thought on “Lightened Up Deviled Egg Potato Salad”