I’m all for those creamy type coleslaws but sometimes you need one that has a bit more zing to it then one with mayo. That’s exactly what we did when we figured out a coleslaw recipe to go with our pulled pork. We especially wanted one that would compliment the tangy Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce and/or the spicier Alabama White BBQ sauce. It’s quick, easy, and simple and adds a splash of color that just makes that pulled pork sandwich look even more tasty.
Garden Sprout Coleslaw
Servings – Makes a little over 4 cups of slaw and we used probably 1/4 – 1/3 cup per sandwich, so this makes quite a bit. As it sits in the vinegar it will lose volume as the acid makes the cabbage more floppy.
- 1/2 medium head of green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 small head of purple cabbage finely sliced
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small to medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a large bowl and let rest at least one hour in the refrigerator to let the flavors mingle.