There’s a local grill/pub near us that makes these fantastic spicy chicken wraps and I just HAD to try my own version. One bite in and they are spot on! Spicy, sweet, and crunchy all rolled into one tasty wrap. If you don’t finish your wrap, they do store in the fridge and make for a tasty snack later. Really, there isn’t much more to say about this then YUM!
Spicy Chicken Wrap
Servings – 4
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Jalapeno Bacon
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 4 ounces grated pepperjack cheese
- Small can pineapple tidbits
- Pickled jalapeno (we used mild, we like spicy and this was plenty spicy)
- Lettuce (we cut ours into little strips, makes it easier to add to the wrap)
- Handful of grape tomatoes diced, or regular tomato diced
- Tortilla strips (like the type you buy in the aisle with croutons – we got the multicolored ones, because they looked cooler in the wrap)
- 4 burrito sizes tortillas (we used Jalapeno Cheddar, but you can use whatever one you’d like
- Spicy Ranch
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4+1/8 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 Tbsp Franks Hot Sauce (more or less to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients for the Spicy Ranch and put in the fridge. Do this first to help make everything else go by faster. You’ll also have more spicy ranch then you’ll need for the wraps meaning it’s salad time on another night or tonight if you wanted.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees – we are going to be baking our jalapeno pepper in the oven!
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, place bacon on foil and sprinkle the diced jalapeno on top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes till cooked through.
- Baking bacon in the oven is the ONLY way I cook bacon now – no more grease splattered stove top for this Sprout!
- Season the chicken with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt pepper, cayenne, and chipotle powder.
- We grilled our chicken for 6-7 minutes per side or until fully cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165F.
- After cooking, let rest 5-10 minutes, slice into thin strips
- Assembly! If you get crazy with the cool whip and over stuff the wraps they get hard to roll up and can be kind of messy, so use best judgement.
- Spread spicy ranch on your wrap and top with chicken, pineapple, jalapeno bacon, pepperjack, tomatoes, lettuce, tortilla strips and pickled jalapeno.
- Roll that lovely bunch of food stuffs up!