If you’ve been following me over on The Garden Sprout Facebook page, you know that I’ve been sharing weekly meal plans alongside plant posts. I’m not only a lover of plants, but I also LOVE to cook alongside my other half.
This week included a side of air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites and I decided to try my hand at making my own recipe. I gotta say, I am really happy how it turned out and I shared a picture of it in an air fryer Facebook group I’m in and got a number of folks asking for the recipe. Light bulb! What a great first recipe to share. Since I’m new at this, if you do try it, please send me some feedback!
Without further ado….here is the very first Garden Sprout Recipe. And I apologize in advance for the picture….I only took one and it was dark out and my kitchen lighting isn’t the best. A better light is on a long list of to-do’s! (f you’re curious, the pizza in the background is homemade sourdough pizza topped homemade pizza sauce, sweet Italian turkey sausage, yellow onion, & red bell pepper and topped with a combo of mozzarella and pepper jack cheese.)
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head of cauliflower cut up into bite size pieces
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of garlic powder (I’m considering upping it next time to 1.5 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter (I think you could get away with only 1 Tbsp)
- Mix together the flour, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs together in another bowl.
- I did it was toss the cauliflower in the flour mixture, dip in the eggs, then dip again in the flour mixture and shake of any excess and place on a plate or tray off to the side. ***I am debating about changing up next time to see what difference it makes if any at all. I plan on skipping the initial flour dip and go straight into the eggs and then flour and seeing if it makes a difference. If you try this method, please let me know how it goes!
- Pre-heat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Spray the bites with oil (I used canola)
- Put bites into air fryer and cook for 12-15 minutes or till crispy, shake and/or flip halfway through.
- While the bites are cooking in the air fryer, melt the butter in a small bowl over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the Franks Hot Sauce.
- Toss cooked bites in the hot sauce/butter mix and enjoy!
- Serve them with ranch or blue cheese dressing. (I served mine with my own version of low fat buttermilk ranch, I’ll have to get that one written up as well!)
If you try this, please definitely let me know!