Burgers are wonderful and versatile. I love that you can use ground turkey to make a spectacular burger too. I know that there are probably some of you that has had nothing but a dry turkey burger that lacked flavor, but when using turkey you need to find ways to add some moisture and the spices you add make a huge difference too. If you’re unfamiliar with a Juicy Lucy, it’s a burger with cheese stuffed in the center. Traditionally it’s American cheese, but with this you can use what ever cheese your heart desires and might also just happen to be in the fridge.
Two quick instructional pictures to assemble these burgers then it’s on to the recipe. This recipe makes 4 burgers. You’ll want to make 8 individual patties like so after mixing together all the goodness….
Then you’ll top half the patties with cheese and then you’ll place another patty on top and squish the edges together to help keep the cheese on the inside.
These were fantastically amazing.
Juicy Lucy Zucchini Turkey Burger
Servings – 4
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- American Cheese or cheese of choice or availability
- Burger toppings of choice
- Mix everything together from ground turkey down through black pepper. Mix well till everything is incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal patties.
- Top half the patties with cheese then place another patty on top and squeeze the edges together till sealed.
- Fire up the grill, a grill pan, or a fry pan and cook till done about 5 minutes per side or until a thermometer reads 165F.
- Place on bun, add toppings of choice, and enjoy!