Sometimes a fresh cold salad is much needed when it’s really hot outside. Cool, creamy, crunchy, dill infused goodness. No cooking required just a bit of prep work in the forming of dicing and chopping – better then heating up the oven when it’s 100 degree heat index out side. This pairs nicely with some grilled pork chops which is exactly what we enjoyed this with along side some grilled sweet corn. Make it ahead and let the flavors mingle together in the fridge and you’re all set!
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Servings – 4 – 6
- 1.5 – 2 medium cucumbers, deseeded if needed, sliced. (Peeling is optional)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/8 cup low fat mayo
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1/8 cup dill pickle, chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste (usually 10-15 cranks)
- Mix everything together and allow to mingle in the fridge for at least an hour.