As much as it’s nice to go out to a restaurant and order fajitas, it’s nice to be able to make it at home as well. I like the fact that this is a sheet pan meal that I can mix everything on and toss in the oven, less dishes to clean is always a good thing. The seasoning for this could also easily be used for making tacos as well. Pair this with Instant Pot Cilantro Rice and you’ve got an easy meal!
Oven Baked Fajitas
Servings – 4 to 6 depending on serving size
- 1 lb chicken breast cut up into strips
- 3 bell peppers (we did 2 bell peppers and 1 poblano – it’s what we had and it was really good) cut into slices
- 1/2 of a large onion (feel free to add more if you really like onion) cut into slices
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 (or 1/2 if you like spicy) smoke chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Lime (optional)
- Tortillas (we used flour)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- What ever toppings you’d like on your fajitas – make them yours!
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F
- Mix the seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl and make sure they are thoroughly combined.
- Toss the chicken, peppers, and onions with the olive oil. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over everything and toss to ensure coverage.
- Cook 30-40 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- In the last 5 to 10 minutes of cook time, wrap the flour tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven till soft and warm.
- Remove sheet pan from oven when done and sprinkle with fresh lime juice (optional).
- Serve up and enjoy!