I decided to dip my toes into the realm of baking and decided to take just a baby step and go with cornbread muffins, because who doesn’t like a good cornbread muffin? I definitely can’t say no and I like it when they are a nice touch of honey in them. We had these when we made nearly 16 pounds of smoked pulled pork and they were a fantastic addition. Easy, simple, makes your kitchen smell lovely, and your belly happy.
Honey Cornbread Muffins
Servings – 12 muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar (if you like a sweet cornbread increase the sugar to 1/3 cup and add an extra squeeze of honey)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (I used 1%) OR use 3/4 cup Half and Half and 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl till mixed (don’t over beat).
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and divide the batter evenly into the cavities in the muffin tin.
- Bake 17-20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes clean in the center.